Saturday, June 1, 2013

Restoration time!

Its been a long time since I have done any restoration posts, so here we go!

I found this rather ugly over toilet cabinet at a thrift shop on Sutro St in Reno. I honestly cannot remember what the place is called, but its very hit and miss in terms of what you can find there. I think this thing is 70's, MAYBE very late 60s but probably 70's or 80's and it was a really ugly tan color. Before that it was yellow. I can tell because whoever painted it tan didnt do a very good job.






I considered painting it gold, like everything else lately, but I dont want to overkill on the gold to the point that its tacky, so I knew I had some baby pink left over from another project.






Total cost for the project:

Cabinet: $6
Spray Paint: already had it (but its $3 at home depot)
Spray time: 25 mins total
Dry time: 24 hrs total
Toes accidentally painted baby pink: 4
Pairs of flip flops ruined: 1

Don't spray paint in flip flops. Moral of the story

Coming soon, I redo a wicker purse that was really busted, rusted, and in need of a make over

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I love little shelves like that but I have a hard time figuring out where and how to hang them.

    ReplyDelete